Liturgy of the Word with Children is a ministry that is designed for children. At St. Patrick Parish, we offer
Children's Church for children ages 3-6 and
Liturgy of the Word with Children for children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade. It is a celebration of the first part of the Mass that provides readings adapted to a child's level with an explanation of these readings in words that are easy for children to understand. It is offered during the 9:00 AM Sunday Mass and the children will be separated into the two groups once they are dismissed by the priest to participate in the Liturgy of the Word.
What are the benefits of participating in Liturgy of the Word with Children?
When is it offered?
- Inspire children to participate more fully.
- Open the stories of scripture for them at their level of understanding.
- Treat them as active participants in the Mass able to comprehend and dialog about God's message.
Who leads the Children?
- During 9:00 am Mass during the school year (Not on most holiday weekends)
How can your children participate?
- Trained, leaders who love the ministry
- Parent's are needed to ensure continuity and continued success
- Attend the 9 am Mass
- If Children's Liturgy of The Word is offered on a particular weekend, the priest will call up the children after the opening prayer
Volunteers are always needed and welcome to assist with this ministry. Training is provided and lasts about 30 minutes. We schedule you based on the days you tell us you are available to be a leader.